Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diagonjope
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Problem w/AD UDC connection after switching to LDAP filter...

Greetings!

I am facing a estrange situation when configuring the Active Directory Connector in QSEoW September 2020. 

This is for a brand new installation.  We left the server connected for a few days to AD, but with the the "Sync user data for existing users" option selected.  A few users connected to the server and it properly identified them, so that we could assign them licenses.  Then we entered a properly tested LDAP filter and deselected the "Sync user data for existing users" option.  When trying to save the connection with the new config, we got an error.  I assume that this is happening because we are connected to the same domain and the AD UDC is picking up the same domain name automatically.  There is no way to change the "User directory" property through the QMC and I don't want to erase the existing users because this would require erasing also the RootAdmin.

Inked04-Screen of UDC for Ad after deselecting Sync Existing Users only_LI.jpg

Any ideas of what to do to solve this problem?

Please advise.

Cheers,

++José

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
diagonjope
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you Levi for your comment.

The problem was that QSE was not allowing to modify an existing connector to add an LDAP filter, because it was thinking that we were attempting to create a different connector pointing to the same directory - which we weren't.  An inspection of the relevant tables via pgAdmin showed no additional connectors in the Repository

In any case, we worked with Qlik Support yesterday, and, after 1 hour of trying out different things, reinitiating the Repository solved the problem. Why? I am not sure, but it seems to me that QSE is caching some of the contents in the Repository. Based on what we experienced, even if one deleted a connector through the QMC UI and then verified that it was no longer stored in the UserDirectory table, when we tried to create the connector again, even with a different name, we would get an error preventing the creation of the new connector.

Cheers,

++José

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Hey there,

Deleting a User Directory Connector does not automatically delete the associated users. That is an option presented and does not need to be toggled (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_DeployAdministe...). 

Cheers

diagonjope
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you Levi for your comment.

The problem was that QSE was not allowing to modify an existing connector to add an LDAP filter, because it was thinking that we were attempting to create a different connector pointing to the same directory - which we weren't.  An inspection of the relevant tables via pgAdmin showed no additional connectors in the Repository

In any case, we worked with Qlik Support yesterday, and, after 1 hour of trying out different things, reinitiating the Repository solved the problem. Why? I am not sure, but it seems to me that QSE is caching some of the contents in the Repository. Based on what we experienced, even if one deleted a connector through the QMC UI and then verified that it was no longer stored in the UserDirectory table, when we tried to create the connector again, even with a different name, we would get an error preventing the creation of the new connector.

Cheers,

++José