Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
supiah
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Problem while configuring the failover

Hi,

I have problem to setup the failover nodes.

I tried to follow https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2019/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Sense... (Database replication and failover)

It says that you can find postgresql.conf file from the drive (C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.6\data\postgresql.conf).

The thing is...I couldn't find the data folder inside the PostgreSQL folder.

I only can find the postgresql.conf.sample in share folder (C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.6\share)

Can someone help me with this matter?

Thank you.

3 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Just to be sure, you are looking within the central node? IS this standalone DB or the DB that Sense installs? 

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

That is the default path for the data directory for PostgreSQL when using the standalone PostgreSQL installer for Windows. If are using PostgreSQL standalone then it'd be where-ever you configured it. As a hint, the Windows service shows the data path:

2019-05-09 08_36_05-Services.png

If you are using the bundled PostgreSQL package with Qlik Sense, this will be called the Qlik Sense Repository Database and will be located in C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.6

And as a note, this would be called replication, not failover. That term ought to return a bit more in the way of previous threads as opposed to failover inside of Qlik Sense (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5IblMGwrLU).

rkondaveti
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi LeviTurner,

We have live server in Data centre(DC1), we are implementing DR  for QS server, but our DR will be in different Data centre(DC2) . We would like to have active passive set for our DR and we don't want configure user, streams, apps, rules.. ect on DR server, we would like to replicate / stream live database to DR sevrer and DR will  point to live server cluster root folder to access apps.. Would this approach be possible ? if yes , do we need to replicate all three databases (QSR, SenseServices, QSMQ) Or Specific table need to be replicated ? 

Cheers,

RK