Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problems Upgrading Qlik Sense Desktop

When opening Qlik Sense Desktop on my computer I get a message saying:

"Upgrade Qlik Sense Desktop. Your version of Qlik Sense Desktop Expired. Please visit Download Free Data Visualization Development Platform to download a newer version."

When I follow that link it then opens a page that says "Download Qlik Sense® Desktop". When I then logon to download it it takes me to a page that says "Download Your QlikView Personal Edition Now" and when I click on download it downloads an installation file for Qlik View Desktop, not Qlik Sense Desktop (QlikViewDesktop_x64Setup.exe). Is this an error with the download link or was Qlik View Desktop decommissioned?

When trying to import my .qvf files into QlikView Desktop it pops up a message that reads "QlikView document from newer version of QlikView"  and the file fails to import.

How can I now access my Qlik Sense projects?

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

This url works for me and allows me to download Qlik Sens: Download Free Data Visualization Development Platform

When trying to import my .qvf files into QlikView Desktop it

.qvf files are not .qvw files. Open .qvf files with Qlik Sense and .qvw files with Qlikview. You cannot open .qvf files with Qlikview. You can convert .qvw files to .qvf files, though that will only convert the script, not the user interface.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Got it sorted, think its just an error with the download link.

Qlik's Australia's site got the correct link to download Qlik Sense Desktop:

Qlik Sense Get Started | Qlik