Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
npaximadakis
Contributor
Contributor

ProxyError.OnMaxParallelSessionsExceeded

Hi,

I am trying to setup the SAML (ADFS) authentication in Qlik Sense. I have managed to reach the point where the adfs Virtual Proxy is succesfully setup. I assume that it is succesfully setup, since that my mashup, when being accessed by the ADFS virtual proxy, it redirects to the ADFS authentication screen, performs the authentication and then returns and displays the mashup.

The problem is that except me, all the rest of the users get the error:

method "ProxyError.OnMaxParallelSessionsExceeded.OnMaxParallelSessionsExceeded" , message 

"You cannot access Qlik Sense because you have too many sessions active in parallel".

But the virtual proxy or the proxy do not have such property, from the UI at least.

Has anyone any idea about what needs to be done to resolve this error?

Thank you!

3 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @npaximadakis 

Please refer to the following information in our Qlik Help portal:

Professional access allocations

The product is working as designed.

Kind Regards,

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
npaximadakis
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for the reply. Indeed, it was a licensing problem. Although I had allocated license to the specific Active Directory account, I had to allocate another license to the ADFS account of the same user.

Is this also as designed? That is, the same user, using two different virtual proxies, to need to different licenses allocated?

PS: I think the error message could be more related to the problem (e.g. "License allocation is missing", or something).

shofmann
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I have the error with a token based license. @The supplied link does not work.