Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

QAP and "regular" QS server in a cluster?

Is it possible to have a QAP and a "regular" QS server in one cluster?

I think not, but I am happy to be surprised.

If so, anything to keep in mind during the installation and clustering?

Could this clustering be arranged at a later time (so first having both stand-alone)?

May you live in interesting times!
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

You only have 1 license applied in a multi-node Qlik Sense site, so no, you cannot mix QAP and QSE licenses across a multi-node site.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

You only have 1 license applied in a multi-node Qlik Sense site, so no, you cannot mix QAP and QSE licenses across a multi-node site.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III
Author

Thank you for your reaction!

As an alternative, is it possible to have a few tokens in combination with a QAP license so people can develope the apps on the QAP server?

Current situation is that my customer has to develope on one server, export the app and import it on the QAP server. They could be saved that hassle if tokens could be added to the QAP license.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

To be honest, that's a contractual question rather than a technical one. So reaching out to the customer's / partner's account / partner manager is the recommended approach.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III
Author

Thanks; will do!

oknotsen
Master III
Master III
Author

Contacted local partner manager and pre-sales manager. In case others have the same question, this was their answer:

It is not possible to add tokens to a QAP license.

Developing, or at least the way people are used to on a regular Qlik Sense server, is not possible on a QAP server. It is (of course) possible to create / update the load script and create connections using API's.