Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cosmo_aull
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

QDC with Amazon Web Service EC2 and S3

Hi,

I have registered an AWS Account to host Qlik Sense as a Service on a EC2 Plattform. I configured everythink in the Qlik Deplyomend Console (QDC) and then QDC create a new instance on AWS EC2 (Windows Server 2012 Basic). Thats fine. But after creation of the instance Qlik Sense Services does not start. On the EC2-Machine is only an qvintaller folder and the same files are on my S3 bucket. What I have to do to host the Qlik Sense on S3 and to start the services? Does anyone have a step by step instruction?

Thank you for your help.

6 Replies
Masaki_Hamano
Employee
Employee

Hi Christoph,

Do you mean that the Qlik Sense installer is not started on EC2 instance automatically? Please check the Windows Event Log, and you might be able to find some errors to identify the cause. One similar case which happened in my client before is that Qlik Sense is not installed when you specified "Administrator" for "AWS service user" on the "Object" tab of QDC. You need to specify non default user names for Windows OS such as "sense_system".

Masaki

cosmo_aull
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Masaki,

thank you for your help. Now the installation is working und all the services are running. How can I get access to the Hub oder QMC via the S3 Bucket? Which document I must host as website ?

Christoph

Masaki_Hamano
Employee
Employee

Hi Christoph,

I am not sure what exactly you are trying to achieve, but the whole point of QDC is to automate the deployment process of Qlik Sense such as uploading setup files to the cloud storage (S3), copying the setup file to the ec2 instance, Qlik Sense installation, etc. So, the handling of S3 bucket is done through API and it is not configurable by QDC or QMC. You can download the QDC manual from the following URL, by the way.

https://help.qlik.com/sense/en-US/pdf/Qlik%20Deployment%20Console%20Guide.pdf

Masaki

cosmo_aull
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Masaki,

now I have understood that S3 storage is only for uploading the setup files. Thank you for your help!

Christoph

Not applicable

Hi Masaki,

I am facing issues in deploying Qliksense in the AWS. I am using QDC for the setup.

In the QDC, under instance information, except instant type all other dropdowns are blank. Am I missing something?

Regards

Arunesh

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi Arunesh,

this information is listed according to your selections in the "credentials" section. Have you been authenticated by the QDC against AWS already ? This happens when you select your Credentials, Service user and after selecting the Region endpoint you should see a spinning Q which shows you that we are talking to AWS. After that has been done you will be able to selet all the other details registered with your account.

Have you selected a value for all 3 drop down menus under "Credentials" ?

Regards,

Thomas

Thomas Hopp
Senior Product Manager - Cloud Native Platform