Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QLIK SENSE user accounts vs. service accounts

We are installing Qlik sense Enterprise

Set up a Service Account for the install.

Now the vendor says EVERY USER needs to log into the app with that same service account?

Why can't each user use their own AD account to log into the server via RDP and use the app?

Why is the vendor saying the USERS need access to the administrative Service Account?

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I'm the SA here, I've never used the product. But the vendor is asking for things that violate common industry security best practices. Here is some of what I'm being told is needed to make this run;

1. A Service Account that is a Local Administrator (Service Accounts that are Administrators should be discouraged)
  2. All users need to have access to this Service Account (shared accounts are a violation)
  3. The Service Account needs to be able to perform Interactive Logins (RDP) (RDP with Service Accounts is a violation)
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Hi Jonathan,

Sounds a bit strange.

To run a Qlik Sense server you need 1 service account that needs Local Admin rights on the server that has Qlik Server installed.

None of your end-users need to have access to it. Once the security rules are setup correctly, nobody even need to use the service account anymore as other users or group will get specific Admin rights (Security, Deployment, Content or Admin or a combination) if they need it for their role.

The regular users will need to have access to the HUB, usually just by being part of an Active Directory or other directory system.

Are we talking about a "regular" Qlik Sense install or some sort of integration in another product?

Any specific Qlik partner making this suggestion?

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Onno, that sounds a lot more like what I would expect. I'll converse with our vendor and see what we can figure out.

Not applicable
Author

And, to answer your other questions, I think this is a stand alone 3 node install for now, that is designed to integrate with CENX CORTX down the road, but the stand alone QLIK install isn't even successful at this point.

Cortx Service Orchestrator | CENX, Inc.