Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
piotr-bratek
Contributor III
Contributor III

QMC \ Hub does do not open - troubleshooting step-by-step procedure - Hyper-V & QS February 2019

Hi All,

I smoothly installed QS Server on my laptop. For some reason neither QMC, nor Hub open up. I decided to write an article with detailed procedure of troubleshooting. Yet, I need your input 🙂 Despite the fact there is sth like that in Help, the article is quite selective.

Environment:

# Laptop with Win10 Pro
# Qlik Sense Enterprise February 2019 installad on ...
# Hyper-V with Win Server 2016 Essentials 

Before the installation started I had been informed by QS installer that ports 80 & 443 are use by other services. So I:

1. uninstalled IIS first - a short video how to on YT

iis.png

2. stopped Firewall

firewall.png

3. stopped HTTP (HTTP.SYS) Hidden Driver/Service - more here 

httpssys.png

It worked. Installation went smoothly. To start services, I used a new account created during Win Server configuration - Admin (not Administrator - the default account, you can't use it anyway). This account is by default created in local domain. 

domain.pngAfter the installation was completed and system restarted, I finally  tried to open (hit the desktop shortcut) the QMC first and Hub then. Didn't work.

site-cant-be-reached.png

Troubleshooting procedure: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Check if QS services are up

Yes, they are. Local System user for QSRDB? I found it's fine.

services.pnglocal.png

2. Check if Admin belongs to Administrators group

Initially, this user belonged to Administrators group. Once QS has been installed he's re-assigned to Qlik Sense Service Users

admin.pnglocal.png

3. Check if Proxy is set up

No, it's not.

proxy.png

4. Specific settings - as e.g. need to use LOCALHOST instead of <server name> in Win Server 2016 described here

localhost.png

5. OK, what the heck... let's check LOGs (attached as log file as well)

It seems there is sth wrong with QRS - I can see errors in couple of LOG files. Yet, in Services window (presented above), it shows it's working. Certificates seem to be fine looking at the screenshot below.

log1.png

one more:

4242_2.png

and one more comment:

qlik No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

I was so excited I'll finally find some nasty service blocking my 4242 but my finding was very disappointing

4242.png

What's next  ? I'm not good at things listed below (above as well 😉 ) so maybe you'll give me some useful hints so I finally can fire up my server and update this article.

# Sth more regarding Certificates? Security? Firewall?
# What's the issue with QRS
# Firewall
# Issues with QS version \ VM \ System
# Anything else ?

One more hint. I change DNS to 8.8.8.8 to make my VM-internet working, but I don't thing it has an impact as I also turned back to default settings.

Any Savior? I'm pretty close to commit a suicide by smashing my head against my old desktop computer with 386 processor..

ex-Training Manager at Qlik Central-Eastern Europe
Labels (6)
10 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Go to Sense/logs/repo/trace/repo_system logs, check the last line, what does it say? The other logs, basically is saying I am waiting for repo to start, that log I pointed out will tell you where it is standing in the start process of the service. 

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent write up of your issue! Hopefully someone will have a good recommendation for you soon.
piotr-bratek
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

thanks for reply. My logs attached.

cheers

Piotr

Giuseppe_Novello

Nope, again, I requested the logs\repo\TRACE\sytem_repository.logThe one attached are from \Log\Repository\System, which that one won't tell me anything. 

Br

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Giuseppe_Novello

Anyways, try the following article:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000040002

Giuseppe Novello
piotr-bratek
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sure thing... here it is. Not sure if the first one from 09:35 is relevant but I attached it as well just in case...

Giuseppe_Novello

Thanks! Okay like I thought it was, try the following article:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000040002

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
piotr-bratek
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

OK, it seems no difference. Just in case I did it on two separate installations:

# First, as before QS February 2019 on Win Server 2016 Essentials
# Then,                 QS November 2018 on Win Server 2019 Essentials

The issue still occurs. See logs attached and screenshots from the registry key.

log_new1.png

The other QS and WIN version - no Reg Keys at all (1). Shall I also remove (2)? Anyway, it's not allowed (3).

log_new2.png

Giuseppe_Novello

I  am assuming that after this change you rebooted the machine for the registry to take effect. 

Then if you have a Qlik support maintenance agreement, then I would open a support ticket for further assistance. 

BR

GIo

Giuseppe Novello