Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
countnazgul
Contributor III
Contributor III

QS API: Get tasks dependency

Hi all,

im looking for a method that can return tasks dependency info. For example: "Task2" is started after "Task1" is successfully completed.

At the moment the only methods ,that i can see, that return some info about the tasks are "Get all as full" and "Get all as condensed". Both methods are returning decent details about the tasks but the info im after is missing.

Is this info is available under some other method(s) or is missing at the moment in the API?

Thanks!

Stefan

7 Replies
pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Stefan,

Did you have any update about this subject ?

Best Regards,

Pablo

martinsandin
Employee
Employee

Hello Stefan,

You can find what you are looking for at:

/qrs/compositeevent/full

(listed at All paths ‒ Qlik Sense Developers)

The "reloadTask" is the triggered task while you can look in the "compositeRules" for the triggering task(s). Best of luck!

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

The path /qrs/compositeevent/full is used on version 1.0 and I think it´s deprecated since version 2.0.

Here is the list of the most recent endpoint (November 2017) to retrieve entities information  Working with entities ‒ Qlik Sense Developers .

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others

martinsandin
Employee
Employee

Hello Pablo!

The endpoint "/qrs/compositeevent/full" is included in the list of endpoints listed by "/qrs/about/api/description" (documented at About API: Get description ‒ Qlik Sense Developers) in the latest release. It is also referenced in the document How to update a composite event trigger using the QRS API which was posted in June 2017.

May I ask if there is anything specific beyond the removal of the full list of paths from the API documentation (which I suspect can be attributed to it being available using the above API endpoint) which gives the impression that this endpoint is deprecated?

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI Martin,

That was my impression, because there is no direct reference in the latest documentation. 

Maybe this endpoint is not categorized as LOCKED and is not reliable yet and could break in future releases.

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Martin,

I ran a query using the endpoint /qrs/compositeevent/full on a Qlik Sense September / 2017 and it returns a lot of data.

Several tables were generated when using the qlik sense REST connector.

Now I'm trying to figure out how the relations works.

Thanks !

martinsandin
Employee
Employee

Hello Pablo,

I've now done a bit of further digging and I can tell you that:

• That endpoint is Locked
  • Better documentation of the stability of all the endpoints listed in /qrs/about/api/description and elsewhere is forthcoming
  • While Qlik API Insights doesn't have that information right now it might still be interesting if anyone has missed it

Regards and Good Luck!