cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
T_Takavarasha
Contributor
Contributor

QVD files locking in Nov 2018

Since upgrading to Nov 2018 we have been experiencing an issue of qvd files being locked. It's happening around 4-5 times a week in our production environments and we have to manually go into the MMC to unlock the file.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? We have a support case raised but wanted to reach out to the wider community.

Happy to provide further detail

Labels (6)
4 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @T_Takavarasha 

The following articles might help:

Concurrent Read and Write from/to a QVD file may result in one of the tasks failing

How to resolve problems related to locked QVD files
Process Monitoring - How to find locked files and the processes locking them

Qlik Sense Folder And Files To Exclude From AntiVirus Scanning

We encourage our customers t to visit our Knowledge Base https://qliksupport.force.com/QS_CoveoSearch when trying to find a solution.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
T_Takavarasha
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @NadiaB 

Thanks for getting back to me, none of these links seem to be working for me. However we have already run the ProcMon and due to having a multi node environment it was ineffective in identifying the issue. We can confirm that it is unrelated to read/write concurrence. 

I was mainly interested in whether other users were experiencing the same issue.

Thanks,

Tari

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @T_Takavarasha 

I have replaced the URL's, by any chance could you verify if you can access to the articles?

Thank you.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
T_Takavarasha
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Nadia,

I can confirm that these links are now working.

Thanks,

Tari