Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahorvat
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik June 2017 upgrade problems

Hi,

We're experiencing several problems after June 2017 upgrade:

1. The app you specified could not be found
    App not found.png
    Previously we changed default app directory to "D:\QS_Apps" by editing settings.ini file with new row DocumentDirectory=D:\QS_Apps ([Settings 7] above and blank row below are present, it all worked before June 2017 upgrade).
    After the upgrade it's like settings.ini file is completely ignored. We tried deleting that file, letting QS create new one and then editing it again. No change - existing apps in non-default location are not found and new applications are created in the default location instead of the one in settings.ini file
  2. QMC -> Engines is not editable anymore. Whatever setting we try changing "Apply" button is grayed out. Help page states that "Apply" button will not be available until all mandatory fields are filled however all fields that we see are filled.
  3. App storage directory field is not visible even though it's mentioned in the documentation

What else we tried:

- restart of all Qlik services

- restart of the server

- moving settings.ini file away and then back

- repair of the intallation (both initial upgrade and repair were completed successfully)

Note: Standard mode is disabled in the Engine if that might be connected somehow to this situation

3 Replies
pat_buchanan
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I had the same issue last week.  I had to restore a snapshot of the previous version.  Did you find a solution?

ahorvat
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

We didn't. Service cluster settings were not editable so we did a fresh install to set up the root folder. Fresh install was quite painful so I hope someone from Qlik or community can come up with a workaround and provide explanation for anyone else having this kind of issue.

image242
Creator
Creator

Have you tried changing the path  in the settings.ini from D:\QS_Apps to the UNC path (\\server\d$\QS_apps)