Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Management Console Does Not Open

Hi all,

I am currently going through a Qlik deployment. I cannot open QMC on a server running Windows Server 2012 R2; also, there is no internet access on the server. Currently, the following Qlik services are running: Qlik Sense Engine Service, Qlik Sense Printing Service, Qlik Sense Proxy Service, Qlik Sense Repository Database, Qlik Sense Scheduler Service, and Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher. Does QMC need internet access to open for the first time? If so, what links does it need access to? Is it port related, or something completely different?

Thanks,

3 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Once the install is complete there should be a screen that confirms the status of each service. Following that the QMC launches and you should be asked to enter license information.

Are you at that screen ?

A machine that is disconnected from the internet cannot be licensed with a serial/control number only, you need to get the LEF from Qlik to do that.

Please note the licensing is done via the browser and you'll need IE10+ , chrome or firefox to do that as websockets is required (and only exists in those versions).

can you upload a screenshot of where you are ?

Not applicable
Author

I don't have access at the moment and I won't have access to the environment for the next 4-5 days. But, I will post an update as soon I get access again.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

The issue has been resolved. The part I forgot to mention was that we had Qlik installed on the "wrong" drive. So, we uninstalled it. But some of the Qlik processes/services continued to run. So I forcefully stopped them, then I re-installed qlik on a separate drive. The re-install didn't go smoothly because of the way we uninstalled the application to begin with. We reverted to an earlier VM snapshot and did a clean install - which worked.