Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Qlik Sense AD Groups

Hello

we have Qlik SEnse server connected to Active Directory

How can I see the active directory groups?

is there a way to assign / give user access to a group of users in one shot instead of giving that to every single user?

kindly advise

I can walk on water when it freezes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZarabianM
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ali

In your steam and security rules tab open your associated rule (the security rule for access to " your stream name") or create a new one. In the basic part add a new role and set it to user, group, =, value, your group name like the picture.Group access.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies
simon_minifie
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Ali,

You can view the AD groups assigned to a particular user by clicking on the 'i' next to the user's name in the Users section of the QMC.

Within the security rule (basic view), there should be an option to specify Group as a property. The groups that have been imported from AD should then be available to assign to the security rule.

best regards,

Simon 

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

what I want is the following:

I have a custom property called stream_access with values 1,2,3 let's say (applies to resources stream and user)

Now let's say I have a stream called Stream 1 and I give it a value of 1 for the customer property stream_access

Now

I want to give access to a Stream 1 (read) ; user will see Stream 1 if this user got the value of 1 for the stream_access custom property

I created the following security rule with the following definition:
((resource.@StreamAccess=user.@StreamAccess))

The thing is that i got like 50 users; in this case I need to give the 50 users one by one the value 1 under stream_access

these 50 users I have them in one group in AD

is there a way to give a custom property value to AD group and thus the above security rule continues to work?

Ralf_Heukäufer
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello,

yes change your security Rule like that or disable your Rule and create a new one:

You can choose by group the group of your Active Directory

And for the Stream you you can set the explicite Stream -

http://yourserveradress/hub/stream/blabla-01234-blabla-01234

in your adress bar when you click on a Stream in your hub.

Your Ressource Filter must then look like this

Stream_blabla-01234-blabla-01234

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

can't we give / assign custom property to group of users?

Ralf_Heukäufer
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I believe that it is not possible, to my knowledge custom properties can only be set for each user individually.

But why does it have to be a custom property when you allow a stream to a group it works in the same way?

kanth
Contributor III
Contributor III

I am very new to the Qlik sense, i am also having similar requirement. can I get details steps how to get the AD group. 

ZarabianM
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ali

In your steam and security rules tab open your associated rule (the security rule for access to " your stream name") or create a new one. In the basic part add a new role and set it to user, group, =, value, your group name like the picture.Group access.png