Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Deployment & Management

Discussion board where members learn more about Qlik Sense Installation, Deployment and Management.

Announcements
Coming your way, the Qlik Data Revolution Virtual Summit. October 27-29. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Creator II
Creator II

Qlik Sense April 2020 Upgrade Issue

We were using Qlik Sense Nov 2019, single Node Dev environment. We are using Siteminder /IIS for Authentication. When users access qliksensedev URL they are prompted for the credentials by Siteminder and they get access to HUB. We upgraded to April 2020 release Patch 3 last Fri and noticed something Odd for userid's. 

Now whenever the user is logging in it creates an additional entry for the user in QMC (Users) other  than the  original user id.

For example my original id is showing up as saeedr2 and another id shows up as soon as I log into Qlik Sense and that id is something like cn=saeedr2,ou..................................... (This Id is coming from Siteminder) cuz attached screenshot shows the Header SM_USERDN has the exact same entry.

Please see the attached screenshots.

Any idea  why the upgrade would have caused this and what the fix for this

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Creator II
Creator II

We have resolved the issue. Its more of a workaround than fix cuz its a Bug and will also open a ticket with Qlik. So what happened is in the Virtual Proxy in QS we had the Header name as "SM_USER" and in siteminder we had "SM_USER" and "SM_USERDN".  When we upgraded to April 2020Release it started looking for like a wild card anything starting with "SM_USER". That is why we were seeing 2 different UserID poppping up. 

We used another Hear name from Siteminder and that fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Creator II
Creator II

We have resolved the issue. Its more of a workaround than fix cuz its a Bug and will also open a ticket with Qlik. So what happened is in the Virtual Proxy in QS we had the Header name as "SM_USER" and in siteminder we had "SM_USER" and "SM_USERDN".  When we upgraded to April 2020Release it started looking for like a wild card anything starting with "SM_USER". That is why we were seeing 2 different UserID poppping up. 

We used another Hear name from Siteminder and that fixed the issue.

View solution in original post