Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markticoy
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik Sense Authentication via Windows Credentials

Hi All,

I have an on-premise Qlik Sense Enterprise server and is able to extract user information through Active Directory.

Now, what my end-users want is to access Qlik sense hub without being asked for the username and password. they wanted for the system to automatically acknowledge user by their windows credentials.

I've tried using SAML authentication but this doesn't solve the issue.

Is this possible? How is it done?

6 Replies
Vincenzo_Esposito

Yes, it's the default behaviour when QlikSense server and the browser clients sit on the same window domain

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Workaround is use Form Authentication Method.

Provide Username and Password only once.

And it will ask to save Username & password for that site..

Click Yes and it wont ask you to enter it again

markticoy
Author

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the reply.

Problem is, end-users change their password after specific period of time. Therefore credentials stored on the browser will fail after some time.

Vincenzo_Esposito

Shraddha's solution is based on browser cookies which expires much earlier users change their password. The only way for any Identity provider to leverage on a Windows Authentication is getting credentials from requesting client. But if the requesting client is not logged to the Windows Domain you can understand there is nothing to get, doesn't matter which application you're using (Qlik or whatever)

Hope this help

balabhaskarqlik

Did you resolved the issue, post the solution.

markticoy
Author

Hi Bala,

We actually didn't achieve it.

What we did for a workaround is to set authentication to windows and have the browser to remember the credentials.