Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Deployment & Management

Discussion board where members learn more about Qlik Sense Installation, Deployment and Management.

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Qlik Sense - Certificate Trust - Certificates validity period

Dear all,

During a security penetration test performed on Qlik Sense Sept. 2018, we were informed that the validity period for the certificates used to provide trust between Qlik nodes within a site is 10 years. I know that we can recreate those certificates (e.g. when changing the host name of a server) by running the Repository executable with various parameters:

Example

repository.exe -bootstrap -iscentral -restorehostname 

Can we change the default validity period for those certificates? Is there any configuration file that controls the certificate creation process?

Thanks for your help,

iLiAS

We're entering a new world in which data may be more important than software.
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: Qlik Sense - Certificate Trust - Certificates validity period

No, it is not possible. This style of ask (customizing the internal certificates used by Qlik Sense) has come up before, although primarily relating to the signing authority to be honest rather than the period of validity. I know folks from our Product side are keen on collecting use cases to help drive prioritization. I'd reach out to your account rep about the scenario and feel free to reference me so I can point them to the right people.

3 Replies

I do not think there's a way to possibly to do this. 

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Employee
Employee

No, it is not possible. This style of ask (customizing the internal certificates used by Qlik Sense) has come up before, although primarily relating to the signing authority to be honest rather than the period of validity. I know folks from our Product side are keen on collecting use cases to help drive prioritization. I'd reach out to your account rep about the scenario and feel free to reference me so I can point them to the right people.

Partner
Partner

Thank you both for your fast replies!

Best regards,

iLiAS

We're entering a new world in which data may be more important than software.