Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Desktop 2.0.1 installation fails

I had Qlik Sense Desktop 1.1.0 working fine, so when I heard about 2.0, I uninstalled 1.1.0, downloaded 2.0.1, and ran the installer.

Part way through the install, I get this error:

2015-06-29 14_10_18-Qlik Sense Desktop setup 2.0.1.0.png

The string at the bottom makes a cryptic reference to version 1.1.0.0, which doesn't exist, and I did perform a reboot after uninstalling 1.1.0.

Here's the full string:

C:\Users\cliu\AppData\Local\Package Cache\{73649325-B81C-4037-932A-0F75D95F2D2A}v1.1.0.0\

I've also attached the log files.  Running Windows 8.1 64-bit.

Thanks for any help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi Chester,

usually it is not necessary to uninstall the previous version first. The new installer will upgrade that one.

Can you please make sure that you uninstall what you have again, if there is still something left. Then download the installer once again because it could happen that you haven't downloaded the full package for some reasons.

Let me know how your environment looks like after the uninstall and then trying to install the 2.0.1 version again.

Thomas

Thomas Hopp
Senior Product Manager - Cloud Native Platform

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi Chester,

usually it is not necessary to uninstall the previous version first. The new installer will upgrade that one.

Can you please make sure that you uninstall what you have again, if there is still something left. Then download the installer once again because it could happen that you haven't downloaded the full package for some reasons.

Let me know how your environment looks like after the uninstall and then trying to install the 2.0.1 version again.

Thomas

Thomas Hopp
Senior Product Manager - Cloud Native Platform
Not applicable
Author

Hi Thomas,

As a workaround, I reinstalled 1.1 (thank goodness I saved the previous installer!) and installed 2.0.1 over it.  That worked great.  Thanks for your help.

Chester