Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Desktop - join a cluster or create a new cluster

Hi we already have dev and prod servers. If we install desktop on our personal PCs, should we join a cluster or create a new cluster? Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Those screenshots look like you are installing Qlik Sense Server and not Desktop.  Although if you are installing Server onto a Desktop operating system then I would have expected it to fail earlier.

If you trying to install Desktop then I'd suggest you make sure you are using  Qlik_Sense_Desktop_setup.exe and not Qlik_Sense_setup.exe

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I don't believe QS Desktop is applicable to clusters - one Desktop is installed on one PC. Am I missing something?

Vincenzo_Esposito

Oleg is right. Qlik Sense Desktop (at least so far) is for local, personal use and could not belong to any server installation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here are the screenshots while installing version June 2017 on my desktop, it asked me to pick one, please take a

3.2.4_1.PNGlook.   3.2.4_2.PNGlet

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Those screenshots look like you are installing Qlik Sense Server and not Desktop.  Although if you are installing Server onto a Desktop operating system then I would have expected it to fail earlier.

If you trying to install Desktop then I'd suggest you make sure you are using  Qlik_Sense_Desktop_setup.exe and not Qlik_Sense_setup.exe

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you all. I used the wrong file. As suggested by Bill, I used the desktop file and it's now working.