Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Deployment & Management

Discussion board where members learn more about Qlik Sense Installation, Deployment and Management.

jesstungleumi
New Contributor III

Qlik Sense Desktop - join a cluster or create a new cluster

Hi we already have dev and prod servers. If we install desktop on our personal PCs, should we join a cluster or create a new cluster? Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Qlik Sense Desktop - join a cluster or create a new cluster

Those screenshots look like you are installing Qlik Sense Server and not Desktop.  Although if you are installing Server onto a Desktop operating system then I would have expected it to fail earlier.

If you trying to install Desktop then I'd suggest you make sure you are using  Qlik_Sense_Desktop_setup.exe and not Qlik_Sense_setup.exe

5 Replies
MVP
MVP

I don't believe QS Desktop is applicable to clusters - one Desktop is installed on one PC. Am I missing something?

Employee
Employee

Oleg is right. Qlik Sense Desktop (at least so far) is for local, personal use and could not belong to any server installation

jesstungleumi
New Contributor III

Here are the screenshots while installing version June 2017 on my desktop, it asked me to pick one, please take a

3.2.4_1.PNGlook.   3.2.4_2.PNGlet

Those screenshots look like you are installing Qlik Sense Server and not Desktop.  Although if you are installing Server onto a Desktop operating system then I would have expected it to fail earlier.

If you trying to install Desktop then I'd suggest you make sure you are using  Qlik_Sense_Desktop_setup.exe and not Qlik_Sense_setup.exe

jesstungleumi
New Contributor III

Thank you all. I used the wrong file. As suggested by Bill, I used the desktop file and it's now working.

Community Browser