Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Desktop local installation

Hello Community,

Has anyone had the issue when installing Sense Desktop on a laptop that is connected to the network, that apps don't work properly, e.g. don't save, trigger error "Could not load data because the app does not exist" when you first load data, but after a couple of attempts they work, etc.

On my laptop, my user belongs to a domain so "library" is actually a mapped folder on the server. Even installing Sense while logged onto my laptop when I'm not wired in, doesn't work because there is a cashed copy of the mapped folder on C:\ drive.

I haven't found the way to change the path during installation.

The only way I've been able to overcome this issue, has been to set up a local user on my laptop and install Qlik Sense. This solution has prevented all errors and troubles, but I have to switch from one user to the other all day depending on what I am working on.

Is there any other way? As I am going to need to do a few installations in similar environments soon.

Thanks and Regards,

Cristina

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure, but the answer in this thread might help:http://community.qlik.com/message/716875#716875

The restriction in Qlik Sense desktop against using shared directories is the issue, as you've basically identified. The trick will be getting it to see the correct directory under your network profile.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure, but the answer in this thread might help:http://community.qlik.com/message/716875#716875

The restriction in Qlik Sense desktop against using shared directories is the issue, as you've basically identified. The trick will be getting it to see the correct directory under your network profile.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Rod,

Thank you for your reply.

I've modified the Registry and re-installed Qlik Sense. It seems to have worked! I'll know in a day or so if everything works fine, after some testing, I suppose, but it looks promising!

Really great help, thank you very much.

Regards,

Cristina