Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amithmurali
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Qlik Sense Error

Hi guys,

I am getting an error in my clients place. Please find the attached screenshot.

20150930001817.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rakesh_HB
Support
Support

Hello,

Please check this,

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/1068-The-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start-Qlik-Se...

When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "Solution Accepted"... Cheers!

Rakesh HB

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Which users start your services? In which order are you trying to start your services? You should start by Repo Database Service.Did they ever work? Can you start manually? etc. Can you give more info in general?

BR

Serhan

amithmurali
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

i am using a local administrator account only.

Not applicable

I'm getting the exact same error.

My Repo and Qlik Deployment services are both up, but if I try to manually try to start the other services I get the 1068 error.

Any ideas other than a reinstall?

Services.PNG

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Amit,

Did you check if there is something interfering with the port?

amithmurali
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I did a reinstall and that saved me .

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Perfect !

Not applicable

Aran,

Just in looking at your screenshot it appears that you have your 'Log On As' rights set up in two different ways; Local System and whatever your QTSEL\ath... account is. I haven't seen this error myself, but I would check to see if this user account has 'log on as a service' rights. You can check this in your domain group policy, or you can check in your local group policy to see if the user is set up with the rights.

I launched my local group policy editor by running gpedit.msc from my Run command. Then I browsed to Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > User Rights Assignment. Find 'Log on as a service' and make sure this account is added. If not, it definitely needs this privilege to run the services that you're trying to start.

Not applicable

Good news! I'm assuming that the reinstall had you re-input what credentials you would be using to run the services. This probably wiped it to a clean slate where all services were using the same service account with the proper permissions.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I experienced the same problem on a client's envrironment. The problem occured when the client changed the account running the Qlik Services from a local account to an AD domain account with local admin rights.

My solution: I did not need to reinstall the whole server to fix the problem. When running the Qlik Sense install package you'll get an Repair option. After running the repair all services where up and running as normal again.

QlikServices.png