Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simo-matti_liim
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Sense June 2017 - "Unexpected Error" in QMC when trying to access User Directory Connectors or Audit

We are getting this error message in QMC when trying to access User Directory Connectors or Audit pages:UnexpectedError.PNG

Log files attached, you can see ERRORs:

Method not found: 'System.String Repository.Localization.QRS.get_repository_userdirectoryconnectors_localusers_syncnetwork_setting()'

RoutingError: Unexpected error↓Stack trace:↓RoutingError: Unexpected error↓   at Anonymous function (https://int-tst-sense.nsad.fi/resources/qmc/qmc.js??1496223810435:105:25409)

Does anyone have any idea what is the cause of this and how to fix it? Otherwise environment seems to work fine. I already imported one app there, created data connection, ran reload task and opened the app in Hub. No problems.

Already tried:
- Repair installation

- Uninstall and reinstall

Previously this server hosted 3.0 and 3.2 version of Sense and it was uninstalled. Could it be uninstallation wasn't complete and old environment is somehow affecting new one?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
simo-matti_liim
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

So I created ticket to Qlik Support. After sending copy of our database and many log files, they we're unable to replicate our problem. Next step was to arrange online meeting and let Qlik Support person investigate our server.

Turned out we had LocalUsers.dll file at C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\UserDirectoryConnectors.
When we removed (or actually turned it into .bak file), everything started to work as expected.

Qlik Support will try to replicate this now in their environment and investigate why it was still there after installation of June 2017 version. Maybe it was a bug and fix will be provided in future versions. In the meantime, if you encounter this kind of error, try our way to fix it. If it helped, I would be glad to hear!

best regards,

Simo-Matti Liimatainen

View solution in original post

3 Replies
simo-matti_liim
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Update: I just noticed we can't create or edit Security rules. We can access the list of rules but when trying to create a new one or edit existing rule, same error message pops up: "Unexpected error".

Calling out experts - have you seen anything like this or should I contact Qlik Support? mtokorsikovgwassenaarrittermdkaushik.solankijog

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

It seems that you have some problem with PostgreSQL.

Hope you have all ports open.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2017/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Deploymen...

I would recommend you to log a case with Qlik if you still find issue.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
simo-matti_liim
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

So I created ticket to Qlik Support. After sending copy of our database and many log files, they we're unable to replicate our problem. Next step was to arrange online meeting and let Qlik Support person investigate our server.

Turned out we had LocalUsers.dll file at C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\UserDirectoryConnectors.
When we removed (or actually turned it into .bak file), everything started to work as expected.

Qlik Support will try to replicate this now in their environment and investigate why it was still there after installation of June 2017 version. Maybe it was a bug and fix will be provided in future versions. In the meantime, if you encounter this kind of error, try our way to fix it. If it helped, I would be glad to hear!

best regards,

Simo-Matti Liimatainen