cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
borismichel
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Qlik Sense Master Item Repository

Hey everyone, I'm currently working on a solution that should enable users to extract their master items from apps to a database and then manage them (clone, edit, etc). There is also an option to export the measures/dimensions to another app.

You could use this tool to 

• Spread master items to apps with common data models
  • Maintain master items centrally
  • Backup/Version your Master Items

mir_import_to_repo.png

mir_repo_view.png

I wanted to share this with you to find out if this is interesting for some of you and also to hear about ideas/improvements you have when you see this.

You can find the project here: https://github.com/borismichel/qs-mir

I'm looking forward to your feedback

13 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

It looks great by the pictures and what you are writing. I'll check it out. Do you want feedback in GitHub out here in the community?

borismichel
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Thanks, man! Either channel should be fine tbh. I‘m just trying to figure out if it‘s worth pursuing this and if so, what people would want it to do to make it actually useful :). Let me know how you‘re getting on.

joachim_boivie
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi @borismichel 

Im working with @Vegar and I do believe this is a great tool. We have an extension to export / import masteritems to csv to manage them and to be able to move them between several apps. In this extension we also have the possibility to generate a markdown file for documentation purpose if needed. So keep it up. Looks promising. 

s_kabir_rab
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Looks great. I will be looking at the github repo. 

PS: Just sent you a PM regarding testing.

Kabir
Please do not forget to the mark the post if you find it useful or provides you the solutions 🙂
ConnieVan
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, yes, yes! Please pursue this. Massive need for our in my organisation

honeybadger
Contributor
Contributor

this is a GREAT idea and a fantastic solution.

borismichel
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Thanks for all the postitive feedback! The past months have been crazy and I haven't been able to give this the love it deserves. The project is far from abandoned though. Stay tuned!

lblumenfeld
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi. I'm trying to install this, but the npm install fails. It looks like the directory for sqllite3 isn't in the distribution that's posted on github. Any guidance? Thanks.

borismichel
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Hey, sorry to hear you’re having problems. I’ve just updated all dependencies. Please clone again and check if it works. Should you still have problems, let’s set up a call.
The SQLITE3 package sometimes has a few problems to compile in a non windows environment. I’ve troubleshot that a few times when I set up projects on unix based systems -RasPi or Mac. Made me think of going Postgres a few times ;-).