Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Deployment & Management

Discussion board where members learn more about Qlik Sense Installation, Deployment and Management.

Announcements
BARC’s The BI Survey 19 makes it official. BI users love Qlik. GET REPORT
Luminary
Luminary

Qlik Sense Master Item Repository

Hey everyone, I'm currently working on a solution that should enable users to extract their master items from apps to a database and then manage them (clone, edit, etc). There is also an option to export the measures/dimensions to another app.

You could use this tool to 

• Spread master items to apps with common data models
  • Maintain master items centrally
  • Backup/Version your Master Items

mir_import_to_repo.png

mir_repo_view.png

I wanted to share this with you to find out if this is interesting for some of you and also to hear about ideas/improvements you have when you see this.

You can find the project here: https://github.com/borismichel/qs-mir

I'm looking forward to your feedback

5 Replies
Partner
Partner

Re: Qlik Sense Master Item Repository

It looks great by the pictures and what you are writing. I'll check it out. Do you want feedback in GitHub out here in the community?

Plees ekskuse my Swenglish and or Norweglish spelling misstakes
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks, man! Either channel should be fine tbh. I‘m just trying to figure out if it‘s worth pursuing this and if so, what people would want it to do to make it actually useful :). Let me know how you‘re getting on.

Partner
Partner

Hi @borismichel 

Im working with @Vegar and I do believe this is a great tool. We have an extension to export / import masteritems to csv to manage them and to be able to move them between several apps. In this extension we also have the possibility to generate a markdown file for documentation purpose if needed. So keep it up. Looks promising. 

Partner
Partner

Looks great. I will be looking at the github repo. 

PS: Just sent you a PM regarding testing.

Kabir
Please do not forget to the mark the post if you find it useful or provides you the solutions 🙂
ConnieVan
New Contributor

Yes, yes, yes! Please pursue this. Massive need for our in my organisation