Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense: Migrating Config Between Dev and Production

I have searched through help and the community and have yet to find the answer to this specific question. Which surprised me because I thought other people would be looking to do the same thing.

We have a setup with two instances of Qlik Sense; one for dev and one for production. We use dev to test system configuration changes prior to deployment into production. There is some inevitable garbage that gets created during testing and it never gets completely cleaned up. We would like to be able to refresh the configuration of dev to match production after any production update so they can be in sync for the following dev/test phase.

So what I am trying to figure out is how I can copy one instances configuration into another instance. I am not concerned about apps for this. I want a way to copy over all security rules, customer properties, and tags (also potentially data connections and tasks, but these are not as important).

Does anyone have any experience with this? Was there a simple method or is the brute-force approach the only one?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
image242
Creator
Creator

Hi Cameron,

I found this utility that works pretty well on migrating from dev to prod - Qlik Sense QMC Utilities

The apps migrate nicely and you can manage rules, objects, etc. I haven't found a way to smoothly migrate everything, but this is a good start.

Hope that helps,

Jason

View solution in original post

3 Replies
image242
Creator
Creator

Hi Cameron,

I found this utility that works pretty well on migrating from dev to prod - Qlik Sense QMC Utilities

The apps migrate nicely and you can manage rules, objects, etc. I haven't found a way to smoothly migrate everything, but this is a good start.

Hope that helps,

Jason

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Wow Jason thanks! I haven't tried it our yet but I just read through the overview and it sounds like it will help me do everything I need plus way more. Stuff I did not anticipate finding a solution to until a little later down the road. And it is free! I don't know how Jeffery and his team does it but I am glad they do.

image242
Creator
Creator

No prob Cameron, glad to help.

We've been using it for a few months now and it works great. I've even gotten to the point where my developers can manage their promotions themselves via the QMC Utilities.

Have a good day,

Jason