Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Monitoring Apps permission

I have been trying to find out what "special" permissions are required to view the Monitoring Apps in Hub.  So far the following two types of users are not able to view the monitoring apps in Hub:

1. SSO users.  I have tried giving a particular user all roles and set up security rules to give all permissions to all apps.

2. Active Directory user on login access token.  Same as above, added all roles and permissions.

In both cases, I can see the Monitoring Stream, but it says No apps are available in this view.

The only type of user that seems to work are Active Directory user with full access token.  Is that correct?

5 Replies
jok
Employee
Employee

I'm not sure what you mean by "full access tokens".  Each user in Qlik Sense would have the same kind of token.

There has to be something related to security that's preventing the apps from being seen.

Review your security rules to see if there's something you missed.  Use simple rules because the more complicated ones might actually block you from seeing something you should be able to see.

Not applicable
Author

I was referring to difference between "User Access" and "Login Access" licenses.  It appears that only Active Directory users with "User Access" tokens can access Monitoring apps in Hub.  My security rules are simple, full access to all apps and all streams.  This test user also has every admin roles.  The only difference is that this test user is being authenticated through SSO.

jok
Employee
Employee

Wouldn't your SSO users generally be assigned a user access pass as opposed to a login access pass.  The login access only grants access for 1 hour a month.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, your are right.  I tested a SSO user with user access pass and all admin roles, but still unable to access the Monitoring Apps.

jok
Employee
Employee

Have you logged a support case for this issue?