Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
databridge
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Sense Mulit-Node on Google Cloud

Hi All

I installed on google cloud three windows 2012 with qlik sense 3.0 on it (one of them as central node) and two rim nodes.

Now my question is do I need a windows domain controller to be able to add the rim nodes to the central node? Do my services need therefore to run under the same windows service account?

I get an error message when I try to reach from the QMC and adding a rim node (cant reach service on port 4444).

All port are open between the servers and I can ping/telnet port from central to rim.

Any ideas?

best regards

Alex

4 Replies
simon_minifie
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Alex,

No at all, although the serverice account does need to be a local admin.

Communication between nodes works on trusted certificates, so you need to add the rim nodes in the QMC.

Once the central node has passed the certificates to the rim nodes you'll be issued with a password to enter on the rim node to install the certificates locally.

Once that's done, restart the services and you should see the rim node coming to life via the QMC.

best regards,

Simon

databridge
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Simon

Thanks for your fast reply. Due to the fact that the Servers are not in the same domain und don't share the same service account this QMC functionality is not working as the service refuses a connection.

I solved it now by exporting for each node manually a certificate an importing it on the RIM Nodes. After doing that I could created the trust using the add node functionality as you described it.

Thanks anyway, have a great day

Alex

EmmaC
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Dear Alex,

by exporting manually you mean using the QMC -> certificates -> export

And importing it on the RIM nodes using MMC? (or double clicking root.cer? and double clicking server.pfx?)

thanks for your help,

nice regards,

Emma

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Alex,

Can you tell me how you did it importing it on the RIM Nodes?