Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III

Qlik Sense On-Demand nPrinting Unable to Connect

Hello everyone,

I'm struggling with a very strange issue. I've installed Qlik Sense (September 2019) along with Qlik Dashboard bundle on server 1. On server 2, I installed nPrinting Server (April 2019) and nPrinting Engine (April 2019).

Here's the list of all the things I've already done:

1. Made sure that both Qlik Sense server and NPrinting server have certificates and are accessible using HTTPS URL without "unsecured connection" message in a browser
  2. On Qlik Sense server (server 1), added inbound rule for ports 4242, 4343, and 4747
  3. On nPrinting server (server 2), added outbound rule for ports 4242, 4343, and 4747
  4. Made sure that service account that I'm working with (let's call it nPServiceAccount) is part of Administrators group on both servers
  5. Made sure that nPServiceAccount is a user with RootAdmin role in Qlik Sense QMC
  6. Exported certificate for NPrinting server from Qlik Sense QMC
  7. Installed certificates on NPrinting server using QmcCertificateInstaller.exe
  8. Added NPrinting server address and fully qualified domain name to trusted origins list in Qlik Sense Web Console
  9. Added Qlik Sense server address and fully qualified domain name to trusted origins list in Qlik Sense Web Console
  10. Created a dummy app in Qlik Sense hub using nPServiceAccount
    1. In the app I've created a simple bar chart and a line chart
  11. Created an app and a connection in NPrinting Web Console that connected to a dummy app in Qlik Sense Hub
    1. Connection reloaded metadata successfully
  12. Created a dummy HTML NPrinting report that displays two of the charts from dummy Qlik Sense app mentioned above
    1. Made sure that Enable On-Demand and API report generation is checked for this report
  13. Back in Qlik Sense dummy app, I added an On-demand reporting button
    1. For the on-demand button in the dummy app, I've entered FQDN in Server Connection input box
    2. Selected the NPrinting app and connection (that I've created in step 10) in the Choose App and Choose Connection dropdown lists
    3. In Report Configuration settings, I've selected the name of report I've created in step 11 and selected HTML as the value in Default Export Format dropdown list.
    4. Clicked Done to exit the Edit mode for the app.
    5. No issues here at all.
  14. Clicked the on-demand button that I just configured and this window came up:
  15. 1 Window.png
  16. I clicked, New Report to create a new report that I could export and this window came up:
  17. 2 Window.png
  18. I selected the Sample Report report and this window came up:
  19. 3 Window.png
  20. I selected HTML and saw this:
  21. 4 Window.png

When I look at the JS Console in Chrome, I see this message when the Unable to connect to server window pops up:

5 Window.png

I looked through several community posts, instruction documents, YouTube videos and couldn't find a solution.

Has anyone faced this issue before? Is there a solution?

Thanks,

Mikhail B.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Found the issue. I've added a fully qualified domain name of the Qlik Sense server as well as fully qualified domain alias names to the list of trusted origins. I didn't, however, add non-fully qualified domain names. My list of trusted origins was something like this:

What I failed to list are non-qualified domain names:

As soon as I added non-FQDNs, on-demand report button worked like a charm.

Button worked well for the owner of the app, but now users get a Server access blocked by server error message when they click the on-demand button.

Next post, Qlik Sense On-Demand Server Access Blocked by Server...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Found the issue. I've added a fully qualified domain name of the Qlik Sense server as well as fully qualified domain alias names to the list of trusted origins. I didn't, however, add non-fully qualified domain names. My list of trusted origins was something like this:

What I failed to list are non-qualified domain names:

As soon as I added non-FQDNs, on-demand report button worked like a charm.

Button worked well for the owner of the app, but now users get a Server access blocked by server error message when they click the on-demand button.

Next post, Qlik Sense On-Demand Server Access Blocked by Server...

zbeauchemin
Partner - Contributor III

Where did you add the FQDNs? in nprinting somewhere? 

mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

In nPrinting. Go to Admin > Settings > On-Demand  and click on Add Trusted Origin button.

zbeauchemin

That worked! Thank you 

pglezluna
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Thanks!! It worked for me after upgrading NPrinting to the same version of QS (2020JUN). I tried it in an earlier version of NP but it didn't work