Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bp
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense Operations. Development/Deployment Process

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a best practice recommendation to manage the development/deployment process for an enterpise scale environment.

One of the problems I am facing concerns losing objects that were created in the published app between

-duplicating the app, moving it (export / import in the respective QMCs)  to the DEV environment for development

-re-importing it to the PROD and publish (overwrite) the previously duplicated app.

The app loses the "Target App ID", which would allow to "migrate" the created objects (eg. "Community Sheets" or "My Sheets") after Importing it from the DEV environment.

Additionally NPrinting comes to mind when thinking about App IDs and Object IDs. Does anyone have experience to synchronize the development processes if QlikSense Apps and corresponding NPrinting Reports are developed in a Release Cycle? (The NPrinting report should be connected to the app in the dev environemt and the prod report to the prod app). exporting and importing reports has some restricting and risky requirements which in my mind is a bit shaky.

Is there any way to solve this with qlik standard components or would you recommend to use/develop tools who work with the APIs?

Kind regards and thanks in advance for your thougts.

BP

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the documented publishing workflow. Other similar workflows also exist for NPrinting.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Publishing/publishin...

Your write up is rather lengthy for a single answer. it would be easier to answer or provide guidance if it were broken up. 

Hope you find this helpful, thank you.

BR

Eddie

bp
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your reply

I also noticed that by publishing and replacing in the qmc, the target app id doesn't really matter. The overwritten App keeps its old ID. This makes my life easier when thinking about NPrinting Development and Deployment.

Kind Regards

B