cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FEEDWesley
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense Patching

I have a Qlik Sense deployment that is quite behind on it's Patches (Nov -18) and I'm wanting to catch it up and include it with regular maintenance going forward. I'm wondering which Patches I would need to update in order to catch it up, would it just be each individual Major Version update, or are they all cumulative from Nov-2018+. I've heard a few confusing discussions so I just want to verify. I'd like to patch it up to the latest Feb 2020 SP and Patch level in as few installations as possible.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi My recommendation will be that have N-1 version of Qlik Sense on Production environment.

So if you are thinking to upgrade then upgrade to Nov-19 version.

Help site will help you about the steps for upgrade.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/February2020/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
FEEDWesley
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I do plan to at least upgrade to Nov-2019 although we will probably go to Feb 2020.  My concern isn't which update level to reach, I'm trying to ascertain if I need to run Feb 2019 then Apr 2019 then June 2019, etc...  or do I just execute the single update.exe from Feb 2020?  I'm trying to figure out if Feb 2020 update.exe contains all the necessary cumulative changes to upgrade me from Nov 2018 all the way to current, or would I need to run them one after another.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes, You can do that.

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!