cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
googel84
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Qlik Sense QMC and Hub do not open

Hi there, I have just installed Qlik Sense 1.0 (server edition) on a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine.

Everything seemed to go fine with this process but when I try to open the QMC to start configuring the system (or even the Hub), the page does not open.

I remember that something similar had happened after installing QlikView .Next 0.90 but, to be honest, I can't remember the solution to that issue...

Many thanks for every suggestion.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi John,

You also need to make sure that you delete any existing certificates from the beta, before installing.

Did you do the following:

1. Stop Qlik Sense Repository Service (this will also stop the other services)
  2. Open Microsoft Management Console (MMC). Important: Run this as the account configured to run the services (Run as... )
  3. Add snap-in for Certificates: My user account and Local Computer account
  4. In Certificates - Current User > Trusted Root Certification Authorities > Certificates, delete the certificate created by QlikSense, issued by your computer, computer.domain-CA
  5. In Certificates > Current User > Personal > Certificates, delete the certificate named QlikClient
  6. In Certificates (Local Computer) > Personal > Certificates, delete the certificate issued by computer.domain-CA.
  7. Start Qlik Sense Repository Service and verify it created the new certificates
  8. Start the rest of the services

Untitled.png

There's no need to do a full reinstall to propagate new certificates. They are being created by the Repository Service automatically if missing.

View solution in original post

37 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Hello Alberto, did all the services start up ok ?

Giuseppe_Novello

Alberto,

Can you restart the Qlik sense services again ( try at least 2 times), it probably needs another restart to sync the digital certificate, and also try to clear the browser cache.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Alberto - just in case, also check out - http://www.qlik.com/us/landing/green-carpet for the latest Quick Install Guides  (with some troubleshooting steps) and videos on the installation and setup of the server.

Some possibilities and notes:

• The services were not full started yet - wait a few mins and refresh
  • Untrusted Certificate is normal - just select to continue to the site or confirm/trust and add the certificate (Firefox)
  • Skype is using port 443 or port 443 in use by something else
  • If using Skype - go to Tools > Options > Advanced > Connection and unchecking the box that says use port 80 and 443

If none of these helps,please include some screen-shots of what you are experiencing so we can better assist you.

Regards,

Mike

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
googel84
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Yes, all services are up-and-running. The only "strange" thing is that the "Qlik Sense Repository Database" service is run by "Local System" instead of the user I have provided the installation wizard with.

I tried to align this service but it immediately stops.

Thanks

googel84
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I have even restarted the whole system and cleared all browsers' cache, but nothing changes...

googel84
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I'm sorry, but the link you provided does not work... and all those possibilities you have listed out do not apply in my case.

What I am getting the following ERR_CONNECTION _REFUSED (unfortunately our server is in Italian...)

Immagine2.png

Thanks anyway for your time.

googel84
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

A quick update: I have also tried what in the trouble shooting section Qlik Sense Help but with no results.

I have basically stopped all Qlik Sense services, deleted the Host.cfg file from the %ProgramData%\Qlik\Sense\ folder and launched a repair installation.

Thanks

Not applicable

Hi Alberto,

Is the user running the services member of the local Administrators group?

Not applicable

Can you share the Logs from the Repositor Service located C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Repository