cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Qlik Sense QMC departmental setup

Hi,

I need advice on how to setup security rules for the administration of access rights by departments.

For example I have two different departments department A and department B and I need to create an administrator for each department and provide each administrator with full access rights to content created by users belonging to that department.

Is anyone familiar with such setup and mind to share the procedures to do this in Qlik Sense QMC ?

Thanks.

5 Replies
KishoreSuri
Creator
Creator

Hi All,

Please reply for the post , I too have same query.

Thanks,

Kishore S

Thanks,
Kishore S
mr_barriesmith
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

We have had clients with this request and the challenge is security rules become over complex.

I think with Qlik releasing the Qlik Licensing Service you have an opportunity to set up a Qlik Sense Site per department or per "independent QMC administrators".

Another alternative is QSEoK and the shared spaces - this definitely puts group management in the hands of the App Owners and keeps everyone out of QMC.

Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi @mr_barriesmith ,

Thanks for your advices. Understand that there is 2 ways to achieve this as per your suggestion.

But could you explain more about the Qlik Licensing Service  or  QSEoK and the shared spaces  approach on the procedures/ways to achieve this customized departmental setup in details?

Many thanks.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Are the users a member of a common group in Active Directory or LDAP, etc? Namely, would the scenario be, for a specified group or set of groups, users should be able to:

• Do anything with the apps which are owned by users who are also in the same group?
mr_barriesmith
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator