cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HeMo
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Qlik Sense Repository Services incorrectly working

Hey. My name is Artyom and I started working with Qlik Sense recently. Qlik Sense Hub fell on my server.
In search of a solution to this problem, I found this topic.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Deployment-Management/Sense-doesn-t-install-certificates/td-p/31185

This helped, but some time later, when I tried to use this method, such an error began to appear.

"There is no RSA private key associated with this certificate".

And the server again stopped working normally.
I will be glad to any help. Thank you in advance.

-p7T5HxKydo.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Giuseppe_Novello

To be able to bootstrap, there shouldn't be a certificate store in the cert library:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2019/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Sense...

Check the above link it has all the locations of the certificates, if you see "-CA" certificates then this is whats preventing you. Now, before you remove them, whats the reason behind of this this? whats your actual issue? I am asking, I would hate for you to remove certificates for no reason, and if you do so, you must re-enter the passwords to all data connections and UDCs, since those encrypted password have a hash reference back to those certificates, once you remove the certs and create new once, that reference gets broken , a new hash needs to in place, and to so, you must re-enter the password. 

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

To be able to bootstrap, there shouldn't be a certificate store in the cert library:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2019/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Sense...

Check the above link it has all the locations of the certificates, if you see "-CA" certificates then this is whats preventing you. Now, before you remove them, whats the reason behind of this this? whats your actual issue? I am asking, I would hate for you to remove certificates for no reason, and if you do so, you must re-enter the passwords to all data connections and UDCs, since those encrypted password have a hash reference back to those certificates, once you remove the certs and create new once, that reference gets broken , a new hash needs to in place, and to so, you must re-enter the password. 

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
HeMo
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thank you for your quick response. You really helped me. It turned out that one of the workers changed the certificates. The problem was solved by reinstalling certificates from ". LocalCertificate".

PS If someone does not know, then to install certificates on the Windows server, you need to generate a PFX file from the PEM files. Looks openssl tutorials.