Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mvannorden
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense - Security Rule - Export data bug?

Hi all,

Just after upgrading Qlik Sense to the June 2018 release, we decided to implement a security rule that allows only users of a specific custom property to be able to export data.

After implementation, we tested on a table and we did not see the option to export anymore:

However, one of our most frequent users noticed that he was still able to export any data with a work-around that seems to us like a bug.

Whenever you right click on any object other than a table, you have the ability to convert it into a table by using the 'View Data' functionality.

When in this mode, you can simply right click again and export all data:

Is this a bug that still needs to be fixed or is there a way to make the security rule more complete?

Kind regards,

Martijn

9 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Hey Martijn, What is the security rule that you have developed? I assume that the default rule ExportAppData has been disabled, yes?

rubenmarin

Hi Levi,

Today I have upgraded a server, previously rules prevents a user with certain value in a custom property to export data, in June-2018 they can click 'View Data' and then 'Export Data'.

I tried disabling both: ExportAppData and ExportAppData_Custom.

The user, after closing all browsers and login again, still can do "View Data"->"Export Data".

mvannorden
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Levi,

Your assumption is correct! I disabled the default rule and made a fairly simple custom rule:

Selections made: App_*  + Export Data box checked

Advanced conditions: resource.HasPrivilege("read") and (user.@Usertype="Developer")

In which the Developer is value within the custom property of @Usertpe we have created.

mvannorden
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Ruben,

This is exactly what we are experiencing as well.

It seems like the new 'View Data' functionality creates a loophole in the existing security rules concerning exports.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Yes, but what is the specific rule's filters, actions, conditions, context?

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Ahhh, ok. I am seeing the same thing as you. Please do create a case with Qlik Support and reference QLIK-89890, which I just created to track with R&D.

Felix
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Is there any news?

countnazgul
Contributor III
Contributor III

This seems to be fixed in the QS "September 2018 Patch 1" release 

Release notes Sept 2018 Patch 1

Felix
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

It was my fault. I had marked the privilege "Export", but not "Export Data". Now it's working fineExportData.png