I am installing Qlik Sense Server 3.2, i dont understand what is this part?
In a Single Server/Single Node Environment - Can i just skip this part and click next?
In a Dual Node Environment, if i am installing central node 1st, do i need to fill up the database Service Listener?
Any example of screenshots how and what i should key in?
Qlik Sense relies on Postgress as Repo. By default Postgress is configured to listen only on local address, so you can use it just locally. On a single node configuration, as you can immagine, doesn't really matter how it is configured since all services sit on the same box. On a multi node environment depends on the architecture you gonna choose.
The sync architecture use a software layer to sync all repos on each node, so doesn't need to open the Postgress listening on the network
In the shared architecture all nodes point to the same Postgress database, so you need to open the listner to allow the connection from nodes.
In any case you can change the behaviour just editing the file
We want to setup Qlik Sense with Shared Persistence.
So for 2 nodes:
1) I will setup the central node 1st. So, Do i set the database listener service here - central node?
2) On second node setup , do i set the database listener service too?
3) OK. what to type in the Listen Addreses? and what to type in IP Range? I really need an example. i really dunno what to type...
Jim, if you go for the shared persistence, means the Database (as well as the storage) are shared between node, so you need to decide which database need to use. The one installed on the central node is be a good choice. So in this case:
1) You need to set up the listner on central node only, not on the other nodes.
2) The listen address is the IP address on which the Database expect others nodes is going to connect. You would have multiple IP address on a Server and you need to choose one of them. In case you have just one IP address on your central node, you have not spoiled for choice.
3) Ip range usually needs a Subnet mask to specify which host can reach out to the server. For example something like this (192.168.0.10/32) means the Database listen on the IP address 192.168.0.10 and allow all hosts with the ip address 102.168.0.x to connect with the 0 < x < 255.
In any case you can alter in any moment what you set in the installation script just editing the pg_hba.conf specified earlier. You should find more on that on the Postgres documentation here
Hope this help
I have the same problem with the listner.
I have a central node already installed (all setup as default, so Postgress only with local listner).
Now i have to add a rim node but i can't connect to the "Shared persistence database".
I try to add on central node 9.6/pg_hba.conf with
host all all 0.0.0.0/0 md5
i restart all services...
but i can't connect from rim node (but never also with QlikSenseUtil.exe - only localhost/postgres run)
Have you any suggest?