Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stascher
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Qlik Sense Sheet Level Security using Tags

Hello,

What I'm interested in doing is the following:

1) Create a new custom Admin Role; ie "Executive Sheet Admin"

2) Create a new Tag "Executive Sheet" and apply it to certain Sheet objects via QMC

3) Modify the Stream security rule(s) so that only users with "Executive Sheet Admin" role can see sheets tagged with "Executive Sheet". 

Or alternatively:

1) Create a new custom Admin Role; ie "Executive Sheet Admin" that allows viewing of sheets tagged with "Executive Sheet".

2) Create a new Tag "Executive Sheet" and apply it to certain Sheet objects via QMC.

3) Modify the Stream security rule(s) so that standard users cannot see sheets tagged with "Executive Sheet". 

Are either of these scenarios doable? Hints as to what the rules would look like are greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,
Steve

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Giuseppe_Novello

No problem, but yeah, tags do much other making easy to search content with QMC. What you looking is the use of Customer properties, and what you want to accomplish, it is possible via security rules and Customer properties. Here you may find examples to give you an idea and relate what you looking for:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2019/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/Sense_QMC/securi...

(bottom of this topic, it carries all different examples)

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Not sure if you a confusing "tags" with "custom properties"? Because tags won't allow you to accomplish what you looking for. Here is definition about QMC tags:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2019/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/Sense_QMC/using-tag...

Br

Gio 

Giuseppe Novello
stascher
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hey Giuseppe, 

I'm not a QS admin myself so I must admit that I don't know the difference between Tags and Custom properties (other than the fact that I've created Tags before). 

If what I'm trying to do can be accomplished with Custom Properties as opposed to Tags, then I'll gladly explore that option. 

Regards,
Steve

Giuseppe_Novello

No problem, but yeah, tags do much other making easy to search content with QMC. What you looking is the use of Customer properties, and what you want to accomplish, it is possible via security rules and Customer properties. Here you may find examples to give you an idea and relate what you looking for:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2019/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/Sense_QMC/securi...

(bottom of this topic, it carries all different examples)

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello