Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
retrocolor
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik Sense Test/Development Site

Hello,

We are entering a new project at a new client. 

We want to create 2  separate environments on different servers - Production and Development/Test site.

My wondering is do we need to buy additional Development/Test license or we can deploy them with the main license - according to the current license terms?

If it is one license - what are the specific configurations for the Prod and Test environments  and what are main differences in functionality?

I've searched several channels and the information is quite confusing:

"A Qlik Sense server deployment can include both a development node and a production node
supported by one (1) LEF. If there is a need to separate the production node from the
development node, two (2) LEF's (or one per Qlik Sense site) would be required."

License Metrics Qlik Sense QAP Qlik Core.pdf

but

"Qlik Sense Enterprise subscriptions include Qlik GeoAnalytics Base, Qlik Web Connectors (all Connectors) and Qlik
DataMarket Essentials as well as a Development and Test Site." 

Full Product Price ListEUROctober 2019.pdf

I couldn't find any information related to this also in the Qlik Sense help.

Thanks,

Radoslava

Labels (1)
1 Reply
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I'm also confused about the licensing of prod test and development servers with one license.

I also find this definition of a testserver:

No, there is no quarantine period for user licenses when using a Qlik Sense Test site license.
User licenses can be freely de-allocated from one user and re-assigned to another without a quarantine period.

So how can I realize this with one license?