Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amrinder
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense Trigger Query

Hi,

I want to know if my reload trigger is running on one of the Qlik Sense's slave node and that node is down or services not working due to any reason what would happen to the trigger running in QMC? Will it be kept on hold or it will be shifted to other master or slave node?

Thanks,

Amrinder

Labels (5)
5 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

No, Master won't reload any task, regardless the circumstance(unless you set the master to master AND slave).  If the Slave Scheduler service fails, then the task will fail with an error "slave not found", and until you fix the scheduler underline problem, it will keep saying that same error ("slave not found"). 

Best Regards.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
amrinder
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Gio,

Thanks for replying!

Let me brief you what is happening... I have Central node(Master and Slave) and two other Slave Nodes. My tasks/reloads are working fine but if one of my task is running,say on Node X(let it be Slave)  and due to some reason my slave node stops working then what's happening is that task's status is shown to be Started and it is in same status even if Node X comes active say after 1 hour then we have to stop/abort that task and start it again.

PS: I am observing task which normally takes 4-5 minutes.

What could be the reason? And what is solution to this?

Thanks,

Amrinder

amrinder
Creator
Creator
Author

@Giuseppe_Novello  please help

Giuseppe_Novello

Well the behavior should not be a "stuck" state, instead it should fails once the allocated node is failing. To be honest I have not seen that behavior, I would suggest to increase the logging of the scheduler to "debug" and see if you can find any obscure error that might be causing the hang state.  IT could be also related to bug, what version do you have install? 

BR

Gio 

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
amrinder
Creator
Creator
Author

We are using Feb 2018 version. Sure I will increase logging to Debug and will check.