Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Deployment & Management

Discussion board where members learn more about Qlik Sense Installation, Deployment and Management.

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Qlik Sense and SAML setup for Google auth - 500 error

Hi,

Hope someone can help me here as I am trying to get Sense hooked up with SAML with Google for SSO authentication.

I have followed the instructions from Eric Clutario Google-QlikSAMLSSO.pdf as well as watched the youtube videos on SAML setup.

The problem is that I have managed to get authentication from Google apps, once authenticated in Google choosing the QlikSense app authenticates perfectly, authenticating and creating the user in Sense great i.e. see below:

Capture.PNG

However, if I go straight to the SSO virtual proxy in Sense i.e. https://<server>/sso/hub I get a 500 error, almost like it cannot get to the Google SSO URL or is being bounced, see the error, I would have expected to see the google auth prompt:

Capture2.PNG

I have checked the logs on the server and cannot find any reference to the error, a warning or info on it, so I am thinking it is outside of the engine or proxy, or the IdP metadata is incorrect, but this is what I downloaded from the certificate in the Google Admin App location.


See setting from the QMC below, I have tried SHA-256 and SHA-1, updating the IdP metadata and this seems all fine.

Capture3.PNG

And see the Google App setup from the admin screen as per Eric's instructions:

Capture4.PNG

Capture5.PNG

And the IdP metadata that I am using from Google which has been loaded into the proxy.

Capture6.PNG

So I am now at a loss on why this is not working, any help would be a great help and I am now stuck.

Thanks

Lee

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Partner
Partner

Re: Qlik Sense and SAML setup for Google auth - 500 error

Turns out this was due to our SSL certificate not being about to encrypt SHA-256, SHA-384 and SHA-512 XML signatures, as they require the Microsoft Enhanced RSA and AES Cryptographic Provider.


More details about cryptographic service providers (CSPs) and their capabilities may be found at:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb931357(v=vs.85).aspx


I used OpenSSL to convert the current certificate (cert and pfx) on the server, follow the instructions on:

https://azuliadesigns.com/sha256-cryptographic-service-provider-types/

Once the new cert was installed the issue was resolved.

Lee

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Partner
Partner

Re: Qlik Sense and SAML setup for Google auth - 500 error

Turns out this was due to our SSL certificate not being about to encrypt SHA-256, SHA-384 and SHA-512 XML signatures, as they require the Microsoft Enhanced RSA and AES Cryptographic Provider.


More details about cryptographic service providers (CSPs) and their capabilities may be found at:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb931357(v=vs.85).aspx


I used OpenSSL to convert the current certificate (cert and pfx) on the server, follow the instructions on:

https://azuliadesigns.com/sha256-cryptographic-service-provider-types/

Once the new cert was installed the issue was resolved.

Lee

View solution in original post