Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hugo_andrade
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Qlik Sense failed to Migrate apps - Migration failed: 1003

We were running version 2.1.1 on our Sense server. I ran the 2.2 installer. The install was fine, but NONE of the apps migrated. I have already tried the manual migration. There are 250+ apps. A manual import of each app is my last option.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Sense Server as well.

Suggestions are really welcome.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
laurentpaume
Partner - Contributor III

Last update from tech support :

It's not a real bug because the app storage setting functionnality didn't exist (if you remember we changed it in the settings.ini file) that's the reason the setting wasn't migrated.

In fact, this can be problematic if you have an architecture using a SAN for example it's quite normal to change the app default storage.

Also regarding the best practices, I usually create a specific folder tree in order to get my apps in a specific folder, the external files, external qvw's, generated files... .

Anyway, it's not a huge problem as we found a pretty simple solution.

Regards,

Laurent.

Beasy.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
laurentpaume

Hi,

I already logged a case for this on tech support.

You have to check the application storage path in your QMC, if you changed it. Qlik Sense gets it back to default after migration.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Laurent.

Beasy.

hugo_andrade
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Ok. I reverted the whole server after the unsuccessful upgrade. Will run the upgrade again and test your suggestion.

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We just ran into the same issues.  Laurent Paume's suggestion worked in our case!!!

Within the QMC under 'Configuration System' the application storage is found under 'Engines'.  Double click on your available engine.  Select 'Apps' from 'Properties'.  You should find 'App storage directory'.

Good luck!!

laurentpaume

Last update from tech support :

It's not a real bug because the app storage setting functionnality didn't exist (if you remember we changed it in the settings.ini file) that's the reason the setting wasn't migrated.

In fact, this can be problematic if you have an architecture using a SAN for example it's quite normal to change the app default storage.

Also regarding the best practices, I usually create a specific folder tree in order to get my apps in a specific folder, the external files, external qvw's, generated files... .

Anyway, it's not a huge problem as we found a pretty simple solution.

Regards,

Laurent.

Beasy.

hugo_andrade
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you Laurent Paume. Your suggestion fixed the issue I was having.

We have around 600+ apps serving hundreds of users. I would like to know in advance all the changes needed for the upgrade. Laurent, would you please ask the support team at Qlik to add this note to the Reference Manual or to the Release Notes document?

Thank you.

I highlighted the change mentioned.

Change Sense App Storage Directory after upgrading to 2.2.3.0.jpg

laurentpaume

You're welcome.

I already opened this case to the support team, I am sure they will add a few notes on this one .

Thanks for the screen capture.

Regards,

Laurent Paume.

Beasy.