Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kausar007
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Sense new installation - This site can't be reached

Hi,

I just installed Qlik Sense September 2017 version on a new machine running Windows Server 2012 R2. The problem is that the neither qmc nor hub is accessible and I get "The site cannot be reached" error. All the Qlik services are running. However this problem only occurs when the folder for shared persistence is on a different VM i.e shared with SMB. The folder is empty even after the installation is successful and all the services are running.

Qlik works if I create and share folder on the same machine where it is installed, it then creates apps etc folders and files.

p.s. This is the only node i.e central node however I just want to keep the postgres database and the shared folder on a separate machine.

Kind Regards,

Kausar

4 Replies
Vincenzo_Esposito

It seems write permissions issue for Qlik service user. Did you test to impersonate it and try to write a fine on the shared folder?

kausar007
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Vinsenzo,

Yes I did try creating a file. This is what I have tried.

1. I gave Full control to Qlik service user and created a file while logged in as Qlik service user.

2. I gave "Everyone" full control and then creating a file using while logged in as Qlik service user.

3. Used IP address as accessed folder path e.g. "\\10.0.0.1\Shared" then I thought it might not like IP addresses as I use machine name when I have the shared folder on the same machine e.g "\\WIN-638HFJ\Shared". So I also tried using the machine name when the machine was on a domain e.g. "\\fileserver\Shared"

Neither of the above cases work while the shared folder was on a different machine. However in all the cases I was able to open the shared folder using windows explorer and create a text file and write to it while logged in as the service user.

Also again it works if the shared folder is on the same machine.

Regards,

Kausar

Vincenzo_Esposito

Did you test SMB version is > 3 and the latency <3ms?

kausar007
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes SMB version is 3.02 and the latency when I do ping between the machines is <1ms.