Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aki_martiskaine
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Sense not generating all log files?

QS version November 2017

Hello

We have an issue where QS is not generating all expected log files.

Example case:

Task X has failed for some reason. Task is then automatically retried, starts normally and completes successfully. Customer wants to know what happened with the task the first try when it failed. From QMC it's only possible to check the latest log entry for the task, so we turn to default log folder C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Script\ and search with loader app ID, only to find out there is no log entry for said app. Next we would turn to ArchivedLogs folder for the same, only to find out there is no log entry either for said date.

log-script-search.JPG

C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Script\ search

archivedlogs-search.JPG

ArchivedLogs\Script\ folder search

Searches were conducted on June 8th and as you can see from the pictures, logs seem to go straight to ArchivedLogs folder after task has completed. All logs I could find  Do task failure logs save in a different folder than task successfull log?

Also, some days there are no log entries at all, why is that?

Not sure if it's relevant, but I will also add that this example app is old and has been replaced a number of times. App ID has always remained the same though.

Here are the current logging settings:

edit engine.JPG

Could this be a settings issue, or is there something else wrong that I don't see?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Hey Aki,

Reloads in the Hub:

• Saved to C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Script on the Engine executing the reload

Reloads in the QMC:

• Created / Appended in C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Script on the Engine executing the reload during the reload process
  • Moved to ArchivedLogs\ServerName\Script after the script portion of the reload finishes

Does that align with what you are seeing?

View solution in original post

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @dchistopersen,

If the task never gets to the point of actually starting the reload, it errors out without generating a log. If the “Download script log” button is greyed out it is because of this Error status. Examples that could trigger an Error include, but not always linked to issues with: Engine/Scheduler/App Binary/Access to the file location/Load Balancing Rules for Applications, etc. See article How to find the Script (Reload) logs in Qlik Sense Enterprise for more details.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Hey Aki,

Reloads in the Hub:

• Saved to C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Script on the Engine executing the reload

Reloads in the QMC:

• Created / Appended in C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Script on the Engine executing the reload during the reload process
  • Moved to ArchivedLogs\ServerName\Script after the script portion of the reload finishes

Does that align with what you are seeing?

aki_martiskaine
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Levi

Yes it does.

I'm interested about the QMC reloads in particular. As I described, I would occasionally want to check other than the latest log entry for a certain reload task. For example if it was first failed and then succeeds in the second go. But when I browse to the log folder, there might not be a log entry at all.

Ksassi
Contributor
Contributor

Good morning,

There is any new about this, issue ?

Im in the same situation, i can't find all the tasks executions logs on the script folder, on the different nodes(engines, scheduler ...).

Thanks for your reply

Best regards

louisdch
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Any finding?

Best Regards,

Louis

shaun_lombard
Creator II
Creator II

If a task timeouts before it gets a chance to run then it won't produce a log file.

Timeout is 30 minutes by default.

louisdch
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Shaun,

The task reloads successfully but the log file does not exist.

Best Regards,

Louis

i_shamaev
Creator
Creator

Hello! 

I have same problem. Do anybody know how to fix it? We have only 29 app logs from 219 app reloading. It's very sad because we would like to know which qvd was used by apps.

My Qlik Sense version is November 2020.

rahulmittal79
Contributor
Contributor

i can't find all the tasks executions logs on the script folder, on the different nodes(engines, scheduler ...).

Ksassi
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Workaround for me i created and scheduled a powershell script who turn every 5 minutes and who copy logs into another folder before they are deleted.

Hope thats will help you.

Best regards