Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gaidamichal
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik Sense server switching on and off

Hi,

I've got a problem on our Qlik Sense test environment. The engine is "switching" on and off in the QMC periodically and I can't pinpoint the problem.

In the operations monitor I keep getting warnings:

Engine connection not alive, number of connection attempt(s) so far: '13041' on node 'bpx-qvs'
Engine connection not alive, number of connection attempt(s) so far: '13021' on node 'bpx-qvs'

Also in the Event viewer we are getting errors similar to:

The description for Event ID 300 from source Engine cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

QvSocket: Client authentication failed for [TCP socket 10.3.16.107:4747 <-> 10.3.17.157:54017].

Can anyone help with pinpointing the actual problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gaidamichal
Author

Hello,

Since some of you are facing the same issue after all these years:

What we did was a clean install... The installer we downloaded was somehow corrupted and despite the fact that the installation finished all green it was causing problems.

If you're getting 300 error in windows Event log that means Type D inconsistency, which most of the time is corrupted installation. We had that quite a few times despite downloading from official site. Re-download and reinstall fixed the issue, unfortunately we haven't found any other solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
eleni_theodorid
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Michal,

Have you found what cause the problem?

Regards,

Eleni

gaidamichal
Author

Hello,

Since some of you are facing the same issue after all these years:

What we did was a clean install... The installer we downloaded was somehow corrupted and despite the fact that the installation finished all green it was causing problems.

If you're getting 300 error in windows Event log that means Type D inconsistency, which most of the time is corrupted installation. We had that quite a few times despite downloading from official site. Re-download and reinstall fixed the issue, unfortunately we haven't found any other solution.

kobidaniel112
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi gaidamichal,

what do you mean by "Type D inconsistency" on the WIN logs?

I have a similar problem and i do have  300 error in windows Event log  but i cant find any "type D" thing.

thanks