Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Server is installed and running, but I can't connect

I installed it using the Quick Install, saw the confirmation dialog that the installation was completed successfully, but I can't connect, using any browser. I was not asked for any license info. In looking at other posts to understand how to correct the problem, it was mentioned that I should run QMC and add the license info, but QMC isn't any more successful in running. The same generic "can't connect" browser msgs.

My xxxx_System_Proxy.txt file had this, if it's of any help:

(String restCommand, RESTMethod method, Object jsonObject, IDictionary`2 additionalHeaders)↵↓   at Proxy.Communication.Rest.QrsRestClient.GetLocalProxyService()↵↓   at Proxy.Settings.SettingsHandler.RetrieveSettings()
NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEMCould not contact local repository to retrieve proxy settingsThe remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.   at Proxy.Communication.Rest.ProxyRestClient.CallSync

Thanks in advance,

Ed B.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

OK Ed this is what I see in the log below:

I had this issue way back when it was QlikView.next - the fix was delete most if not all of my root certificates from the MMC.

Can you do this for both the Local Computer and the user account?

The all you should need to do - is restart the services again.

2    20141001T093313.217-0700    WARN    SLNB51    Security.Proxy.Qlik.Sense.Common.Security.SecuritySetup    948    0beefb3f-c906-470e-97f0-6c80452dcae9    SLNB51\sense_system    Trusted root certificates on this node is uncomfortably high: 315   0beefb3f-c906-470e-97f0-6c80452dcae9

3    20141001T093313.220-0700    WARN    SLNB51    Security.Proxy.Qlik.Sense.Common.Security.SecuritySetup    948    0f5da7f1-73e8-4ba1-9749-e11da5cb6775    SLNB51\sense_system    This might impede SSL communication, since Windows truncates too large (300+) lists of Trusted root certificates that are sent to client during SSL handshake.   0f5da7f1-73e8-4ba1-9749-e11da5cb6775
4    20141001T093313.221-0700    WARN    SLNB51    Security.Proxy.Qlik.Sense.Common.Security.SecuritySetup    948    7f068f34-1ddd-4b4c-b082-1af0d068e807    SLNB51\sense_system    Please consider removing too old or otherwise invalid trusted root certificates (under LocalMachine/Root)   7f068f34-1ddd-4b4c-b082-1af0d068e807

root_certs.png

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

25 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Hi -  are your services running ?  Bring up Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services and look for a few services starting with QlikView ... QLikView Server, Web Server etc...

Note that the account running the service should be a member of the local 'QlikView Administrators' Group.

So :

1. Check that the account running the service is in the Qlikview administrators' group (screenshot)

Capture.PNG.png

Untitled.png

(in the sample above .\QV is running the services and a member of qlikview administrators)

2. Start all services

3. Open the QlikView Mgmt Console

4. If it still fails, windows can be finicky and you may need to reboot and try again

Not applicable
Author

Here's what I did this morning, but I'm still not connecting:

1) I did an uninstall.

2) Logged on as Administrator and created a sense_system user with Admin privileges

3) Logged on as myself and ran Qlik_Sense_x64setup.exe, using Run As Administrator

4) At the Service Credentials screen, I entered my machine name and the sense_system user.

5) The install completed successfully. But QMC did not connect.

6) I rebooted. But, still no connection.

One obvious problem is that the services haven't started. I've also attached a netstats screenshot.

I just manually restarted the services (since the screenshot), and they now appear as started, but still no connection. Any thoughts?

Qlik Services.png

QLik Ports.png

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Did you reboot the server after the installation?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

I rebooted. The services still didn't start (they were set to an automatic delayed start and remained in that state). After a 10 minutes I manually started the Qlik Sense Proxy Service. It successfully started, as did the others in turn.

But, still no connection to QMC.

pbr
Employee
Employee

What do you mean by it can not connect? Can you send a screenshot?

One thing you can try is going to the Services MMC -> Qlik Sense Repository Database -> Right click / Properties -> Log On tab - and try checking the Allow service to interact with the desktop - Apply / Ok and restart the services.2014-09-29_1525.png

Though, if you have a valid Sense Server license you can open a case with Qlik Support.

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Pierce

Giuseppe_Novello

do you see any error in the windows event application logs?

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Pierce, but that didn't work either. I'm in touch with Qlik and we just finished our first stab at resolving this. I'll post the results once it's resolved. The screenshot of the inability to connect is your basic "The webpage is not available" browser message.

Not applicable
Author

Nothing notable. As I mentioned to Pierce, I'll post the results once we know.

Thanks all.

Giuseppe_Novello

Ed,

At this time, it would be best to open a Qlik support ticket for further investigation ( if you have a license agreement already)

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik