Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QlikToFindOut
Creator
Creator

Qlik Web Connectors not showing up in Sense

Hello,

We've recently spun up a single node development server and I installed the latest version of Qlik Sense onto that server. We wanted to leverage the new connectors available in the December 2020 release of the Web Connector and so I installed the Web Connector onto the same server.

However, upon installing it the Web Connector and opening the connector, I do not see any of the connectors when I attempt to load data via the Data Manager or the Data Load Editor. The only data source available is QBDI. 

Did I miss a step or mess something up?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello!

Thanks for your feedback and glad it worked! 

So the Office365 connector (for example) is available in Qlik Web Connector this time and here is a video showing how to use it and get data: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Knowledge-Base/How-to-load-a-file-from-SharePoint-365-using-Ql...

It might be a bit confusing but basically Qlik Sense Enterprise come with a set of native connectors (The ones that you see directly in Data Manage or Script Load Editor)

On top of that we have a different and separate product called Qlik Web Connector which comes with additional connector listed here.

And basically you will connect your Qlik Sense Enterprise to Qlik Web Connector to use these sets of additional connectors. 

Note that many of the connector provided in Qlik Web Connector needs a license so you may want to reach out to your account manager. 

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello!

The connector provided in the Qlik Web Connector are not directly accessible from Qlik Sense Data Manager or Script Load Editor. 

You need to configure your connector and the data you want to load directly in the Qlik Web Connector Web Interface. Once this is done, Qlik Web Connector will generate for you a Qlik Sense script that you can simply copy-paste in Qlik Web Connector. 

Here is a short video that will show you how to install the Qlik Web Connector and access to the available connectors

And here is a link explaining how to fetch data from Qlik Web Connector and extract the load script to your Qlik Sense Application

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
QlikToFindOut
Creator
Creator
Author

Ah, I see. In that case, how do I get these into that particular server:dataconnections.png

This is from our production environment. How would I get those connections into our development environment?

Bastien_Laugiero

Hello!

Thanks for the feedback!

So I see two potential root cause:

• A security rule has been updated/disabled: Can you check in QMC -> Security rule that the security rule called "DataConnection" is not disabled?
  • Something went wrong during the installation: Can you check on the development server in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data? There should be 6 folders/Connector. If it is empty then you can try to re-run the Qlik Sense Installer and hit repair. 

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
QlikToFindOut
Creator
Creator
Author

That worked as expected, thanks!

How do you add a new connection such as Office365. I don't see that option to add it anywhere.

Bastien_Laugiero

Hello!

Thanks for your feedback and glad it worked! 

So the Office365 connector (for example) is available in Qlik Web Connector this time and here is a video showing how to use it and get data: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Knowledge-Base/How-to-load-a-file-from-SharePoint-365-using-Ql...

It might be a bit confusing but basically Qlik Sense Enterprise come with a set of native connectors (The ones that you see directly in Data Manage or Script Load Editor)

On top of that we have a different and separate product called Qlik Web Connector which comes with additional connector listed here.

And basically you will connect your Qlik Sense Enterprise to Qlik Web Connector to use these sets of additional connectors. 

Note that many of the connector provided in Qlik Web Connector needs a license so you may want to reach out to your account manager. 

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero