cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jisephcirspy
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik service accessible for root users but not for users without root rights

I have a Qlik server where Qlik is running. When I try to access the service via company.qlik.com, I get to the hub easily. But when my colleagues try to access it, the site is loading and loading and loading. And finally won't get a successful response.

Do you know how to fix that?

4 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello,

I assume you're referencing an on-premise install of Qlik Sense Enterprise here.

• Does your colleague try to access the server from a different network or with a different browser?
  • Can they ping the server name? (quick guide here from howtokeek)
  • Do they see any errors in the debug tools of their browser? 
  • Does their browser/network connection support web sockets?

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
jisephcirspy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello @Sonja_Bauernfeind 

thank you first of all for your answer!

Does your colleague try to access the server from a different network or with a different browser?
No, it's the same network and the same browser.
Can they ping the server name?
No, but I don't know why. But I also cannot ping it, but my request is successful.
Do they see any errors in the debug tools of their browser?
No, you can just see that he's trying to execute the GET-request but with no result.
Does their browser/network connection support web sockets?
Yes.

Can you help me?

jisephcirspy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

It may be of help to show a screencap of the issue that you are seeing.

There is not much to go by right now to help you investigate this. What you'll need to find out is if the user ever reaches the Qlik Sense server at all, so looking the Qlik Sense Proxy logs to see if there is traffic being generated may help. It may also point out errors.

You can also check the Windows Event logs on the server hosting the machine (especially the security ones logging authentication), since Windows does authentication for us. Maybe you can see the user failing to authenticate there?

Have you also tried to give the user root admin rights temporarily to verify if that is really the reason the issue happens?

If you cannot progress from there, it may be necessary to log a ticket with Qlik Support, but I'd urge you to review the above first and ensure that you provide that should you decide to log a ticket.

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂