Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aparnanair1405
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikSense Desktop Licensing

From Qlik Community, I understand the QlikSense desktop is not licensed – but I couldn’t find any specific lines regarding that in the License Agreement.

My compliance team wouldn’t signoff to install QlikSense unless we get confirmation from Qlik that:

1. This is a freeware software
  2. Can this be used in commercial environment without any license.

Could you please share any documents regarding the same or point me to the right contact?

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

2.1. License Grant. Subject to the terms and conditions of this DELA, Qlik grants to the User a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non- transferable license to install and use, solely for the User’s personal or internal business use, the most current version of the Software, including any printed documentation or documentation files published by Qlik and accompanying the Qlik Sense Desktop Software (the “Documentation”).

It is certainly licensed. It's not freeware. The license allows you (and your company) to use it in your company.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
aparnanair1405
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Gysbert,

If it is licensed, how do I get a desktop license?  or is it embedded license?

We have server license as well. Would that allow me to use QlikSense in a commercial / production environment?

Regards,

Aparna

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You have a license when you agree to the license terms. The Qlik Sense Desktop software doesn't need to be activated with serial numbers etc. It will work after installing it. You can use it if you do not agree to the license terms, but then you will be violating those license terms.

If you have a licensed Qlik Sense Enterprise then you will have received a LEF, a License Enabler File, that has been used to activate the tokens you're entitled to according to the license so that you can actually use your Qlik Sense Enterprise installation(s).

Qlikview licenses cannot be used for Qlik Sense Enterprise. But it is possible to trade in Qlikview cals for Qlik Sense tokens. Ask your Qlik Partner or Qlik Sales representative for more information if you're interested.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand