Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

QlikSense Service Account Issue

Hi Everyone,

I have Qliksense November 2017 and Qlik NPrinting November 2017 servers installed in my test server. The Sense hub and NPrinting portal used to show certificate error when I access them.

I was not able to create NPrinting connections to Sense apps. So I exported certificates from QMC and installed them and it solved the issue. But the certificate error when I access the portal was still there.

The service account used to run the Sense services was getting locked out very frequently. I was not able to find out the reason and had to unlock it everytime. Then I created a new service ID and modified all services so that they run on the new ID. So I thought the issue with ols accoutn is over, as it is not used by any sense services anymore.

But, the old account still gets locked out. The details shows that althought the new service account starts the process, it tries to use the credentials for the old account. I think something is running in the background which uses the old ID, but I can't figure out what.

I exported and installed the certificates again (as the sense services now run on a different account). But it didn't change anything. the portals still have certificate error.

Can anyone throw some light to my situation? I want to get rid off the old account and the lock out issue. I don't know if the certificate error has something to do with this.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Can you ensure that the correct (new) service account and credentials are set in the following data connections (QMC > Data Connections):

monitor_apps_REST_app

monitor_apps_REST_appobject

monitor_apps_REST_event

monitor_apps_REST_license_access

monitor_apps_REST_license_login

monitor_apps_REST_license_user

monitor_apps_REST_task

monitor_apps_REST_user

?

Out of the box, the credentials are cached in these locations:

• Windows Services Applet (services.msc)
  • The above data connections

Outside of the default usage, the only sections where you can configure a username and password inside of Qlik Sense are:

• Data Connections
  • User Directory Connectors

Every other usage either depends on the previously listed locations (e.g. using the credentials cached on the Windows side for the Engine service to access a UNC path) or configured outside of Qlik (e.g. DSNs in Windows).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

It also shows

Process Name: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\QvRestConnector\QvRestConnector.exe

reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi, Anyone has any clue, please?

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Can you ensure that the correct (new) service account and credentials are set in the following data connections (QMC > Data Connections):

monitor_apps_REST_app

monitor_apps_REST_appobject

monitor_apps_REST_event

monitor_apps_REST_license_access

monitor_apps_REST_license_login

monitor_apps_REST_license_user

monitor_apps_REST_task

monitor_apps_REST_user

?

Out of the box, the credentials are cached in these locations:

• Windows Services Applet (services.msc)
  • The above data connections

Outside of the default usage, the only sections where you can configure a username and password inside of Qlik Sense are:

• Data Connections
  • User Directory Connectors

Every other usage either depends on the previously listed locations (e.g. using the credentials cached on the Windows side for the Engine service to access a UNC path) or configured outside of Qlik (e.g. DSNs in Windows).

reshma_km
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi, Thanks a lot! The data connections were using old service account.