Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BradleyIsaacs
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

QlikSense on Azure - Not Connecting via internet

Hi All

Im trying to connect to my QlikSense hub and QMC on my Azure server via the internet.  It makes connections, but i get kicked out after 3 or 4 seconds.  

Whitelisting the address works, but Azure uses dynamic IP's.  So the IP Address changes everyday.  So I've white listed the named address. But now it's not working.

Any ideas ?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
simon_minifie
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Bradley,

The reason you're getting that error is because the IP address changes. On each change, the new IP will need to be added to the whitelist.

It is possible to get a fixed IP in azure when you create it. Select Static rather than dynamic

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

What you mean with "i get kicked out after 3 or 4 seconds.  ", can you provide more details? like, do you get any errors? if errors, what does the error say? etc. 

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
BradleyIsaacs
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

I get an error saying : Connection to the Qliksense engine failed for unspecified reasons.  Refresh your browse or contact system administrator.

Giuseppe_Novello

What URL do you use to get to the HUB, the IP address or the DNS name? If you using the IP address, unfortunatelly, it is expected that you must add the IP every time Azure dynamically changes. 

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
simon_minifie
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Bradley,

The reason you're getting that error is because the IP address changes. On each change, the new IP will need to be added to the whitelist.

It is possible to get a fixed IP in azure when you create it. Select Static rather than dynamic

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Simon

BradleyIsaacs
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thanks Simon

That did the trick for me