Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView and Linux

Hi, does anybody have any experience in installing QV on Linux? I have tried it with wine, but it doesn't work

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

QlikView (QV) nor Qlik Sense can be installed on linux.  Both are windows only. Qlik Sense is windows 64 bit only.

However both support browser based users , and those users can use browsers from the linux PCs to access the server though.   And when it comes to Qlik Sense, the browser will support developers as well as users.

So in the end a developer on Linux can develop in qlik sense as well as use Qlik Sense as  as user as long as the Qlik Sense server is running on a windows server.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

QlikView (QV) nor Qlik Sense can be installed on linux.  Both are windows only. Qlik Sense is windows 64 bit only.

However both support browser based users , and those users can use browsers from the linux PCs to access the server though.   And when it comes to Qlik Sense, the browser will support developers as well as users.

So in the end a developer on Linux can develop in qlik sense as well as use Qlik Sense as  as user as long as the Qlik Sense server is running on a windows server.

Not applicable
Author

But still you can not do anything with the script when in browser? still thank you for the answer!

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Hi - yes for QlikView you are correct. Cannot modify script from the browser with out of box capabilities.

For Qlik Sense the answer is that you can do all development including creation or modification of the script from the browser.  Just mentioning since this post was put in the 'Qlik Sense' forum even though you mentioned 'QV' (which typically refers to QlikView).

Not applicable
Author

Oh, sorry, I haven't seen that this is the Qlik Sense forum, but thank you very much for the answer.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

fyi i'm using qlikview on a machine with debian8+wine 1.6 (it works also on ubuntu 16.4+wine staging 1.9.23)

it's a qlikview 11 licensed copy, and it runs locally and opens qvw files locally, and they're usable

it isn't able to update data from iseries (i think it's a client access odbc fault - also installed into wine)

i'm not using that machine against a server

in winecfg i addedd gdiplus dll, order: builtin,native

i have other libraries installed with winetricks, i can't really say which ones are the most important to make it work, btw....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

ps i didn't tested yet qliksense, since is 64bit, and currently i don't have a wine64 setup